Have you ever been in a situation where you don’t want someone in your friend list to like, comment or view stuff you share or comments on your photos on Facebook? Even worse, you simply can’t delete them from your friend list because you just don’t have the guts to, or maybe you meet these people regularly and that would be gross if you remove them from your friend list.
This article explains how you can tweak your privacy settings in such a way that it will be almost like you have already removed them from your Facebook friend list.
- Hide your status message so that they don’t comment on it or like it. The most-used Facebook feature is probably the status message. It is a quick tool to spread share your feelings or experience. Nonetheless, there are some people who you wouldn’t prefer seeing your status message. So what do you do? Fortunately, Facebook provides much flexibility regarding the visibility of your status message. After writing your message,click on Friends button and select Custom.
A new window will then appear when you can customize your privacy.In the hide this from section,type the person’s name that you don’t want to view your status message.
- Restrict them from viewing your album photos or commenting on them. Sometimes you do not like your younger siblings, or some friends or relative of yours posting embarrassing comments under your photo. The simplest way to do is to edit the album’s settings. From your profile page, click on “Photos” so that your albums become visible. Click the icon on the lower-right corner of the album that you wish the settings to be modified. Similar to customizing you can view your status messages, you just have to select “Custom” and so on.Note that if you have multiple albums,you need to repeat it for each of them.
- Appear offline on chat so that the unwanted person cannot see when you are online.If you have been reading till here,I’m damn sure you have someone in your friend list that always chat with you as soon as you logged in on Facebook. Nonetheless, there are instances where you do not feel chatting with some people.Select the person’s name from the chat list ,and click on the gear-shape symbol and select ‘Go Offline to xxx‘.
- Restrict who can view your friend’s post on your timeline or photos you have been tagged in by your friends. You do not want this person lounging around your friends’ post or the photos that you’ve been tagged in.Head up to your privacy settings.Select “Edit settings” under the heading “Timeline and tagging“. A new window will appear and select the appropriate options as below to control who can view your friend’s post on your timeline.
- Avoid their updates merely by hiding your unwanted friend from your feed if their updates are irritating or boring.Next time you see his or her name in your feeds,click on the arrow at the top right of their activity and Unsubscibe from xxx.Now you are already free of the nuisance that this person is causing you.
To wrap it up, the above privacy configuration allows you to restrict someone from your friend list from interacting with you as much as possible on Facebook without deleting him or her from your friend list.